Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Impetuous foot  (Read 72 times)

Don McHugh

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
Impetuous foot
« on: June 10, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »
In our game last nights some impetuous tribal foot declared a charge on a line of skirmishers, who were masking some elephants. The foot are impetuous to the skirmishers but not the elephants.
My opponent didn't have the cards to stop the charge.

1. Do the impetuous foot have to declare the charge, as it is pretty certain the skirmishers will evade?
2. Having caused the skirmishers to evade, must the impetuous foot continue their charge into the elephants?

Thanks very much

Don

bahdahbum

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
Re: Impetuous foot
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 08:26:44 AM »
Alasdait might want to be more precise but in my version of the rules chapter 9.4, a forced charge becomes a free charge if the charger would contact elephants !

Also the forced charge is a forced charge if the target is a TUG  ( becomes a free charge if vs a SUG ? )

Don McHugh

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:02:39 PM »
I have read through 9.4 and it is clear that the impetuous troops do not have to charge, as it would result in contacting the elephants.

However, I cannot find anything about whether a charge has to continue to its full extent if another enemy is in its charge range, when the original target evades?

Thanks again

Don

nikgaukroger

• Reiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:20:07 PM »
I don't think it says explicitly that a charge must be to the full move distance of the chargers, however, it is implicit from the fact that the charge path extends past any target that does a run away or skirmish.

Would do no harm to state explicitly that a charge move must always be as far as the unit can go up to its full move (or until it contacts enemy of course).
"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

alasdair

• TWZ Team
  • Hussar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 11:24:34 AM »
The charge must go full distance however would not be a forced charge if it would contact elephants so the player would not haveto charge

Don McHugh

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »
Thanks very much.

Don

bahdahbum

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »
+ de fact that the target was a SUG not a TUG so no forced charges  8)