Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clarifications please  (Read 72 times)

Paul Marsh

• Villein
    • View Profile
Clarifications please
« on: July 28, 2020, 01:35:00 PM »
On kiels and tercios the one card higher requirement for actions includes recovering wounds and MF1 & 2 moves?

Shooting always catches me out on the QRS. Bows/javelins have a deadly range of 3BW but don't get a green die, they start on white or white +? I am guessing white+ otherwise it's white for both deadly and long for bows unless that's the intent but the rules say otherwise.

So is it Deadly range shot Green/non shot White +  Long range White?

Paul Marsh

• Villein
    • View Profile
Re: Clarifications please
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 11:19:03 PM »
Another one just popped up.
If a SUG is driven back by fire with a kiel behind it does it really cause a KAB on both? I can see a KAB on the SUG as it falls back round the kiel in some disorder but the kiel itself?

alasdair

• TWZ Team
  • Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 11:27:01 AM »
No KAB's either way as SUG's can pass through,

Paul Marsh

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »
Ok I was reading it from the DB rules that said "if it contacts friends it passes through causing a KAB on both". I read it that this was an outcome move not volutary and liable to more confusion than usual. So basically if DB and cannot normally pass through then it's a kab on both but not if is otherwise allowed to interpenetrate?

As for driven back I had a unit  shot in rear and side and it felt really weird to have them end up closer to the enemy, not at all "driven back". I would have thought if the majority of shooting(dice or hits, not sure) did not come from the front then simply revert to deductiong BW from whatever movement they planned to do. Going backwards closer to the enemy just doesn't feel right.
Interestingly in todays game seeing the Spanish driven off their barricades was alarming! French were delighted though.

Any answer to Deadly non shot shooting please?

alasdair

• TWZ Team
  • Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 09:52:01 AM »
Deadly non shot shooting, Green as in Qrs

Thanks for bringing up that barricades, as not one I had considered, have to go and do some research  but doesnt feel right, might have to be an exception, and I take your point about rear fire, another one to look at, thanks a lot Alasdair

Paul Marsh

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 07:28:22 PM »
Under shooting in the rules it says " Only shot weapons (matchlock musket, flintlock musket, arquebus, carbine, pistol and all artillery) fires at deadly range, older style weapons (bows etc) do not get this."

The implication to me was that as the QRS indicates that bows etc have a deadly range of 3 then the deadly bit must be the green die which only shot get, which made sense. Otherwise the bit in the rules above makes no sense to me.

I haven't looked at the TYW/ECW period yet but what range do shooting pistiols get as that isn't on the QRS.

alasdair

• TWZ Team
  • Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 10:48:53 AM »
This was replaced over the covid period so it is now as it is on the qrs, all weapons have a deadly range now, mounted pistols come under the mounted shot category