Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Foot KaB's in flank sector  (Read 163 times)

daveparish

• Villein
    • View Profile
Re: Foot KaB's in flank sector
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
It is indeed a flank sector that is not secure.

Also, infantry in terrain, behind wall/hedge are exempt.

Sorry if I'm being dense - but it feels like we are going round in circles. What is the definition of "secure". Is it a Secure Flank from the terrain choosing phase or is it something else? What is the definition of the flank sector (... and where does it say either of those in the rules, though I do understand that you shouldn't expect everything to be pinned down at this stage). 

The KAB section (page 78 section 2.2.2) just says "a Foot unit ...in a flank sector" nothing about terrain protecting from KABs. Is that somewhere else that I've missed (probably I have overlooked something - wouldn't be the first time!)

Sorry - I'm not trying to be picky, just to work out what is in the rules (and therefore what might need adding to make it match what play testers are already doing).

daveparish

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 02:48:14 PM »
My reply crossed over with Nik's - sounds like we have the same confusions though

RobAustin

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 07:25:31 PM »
Glossary of Terms, Flank Sector, Page 92, then continued on 93.  It has the basic premise, then there were further clarifications regarding infantry behind walls and hedges in Enclosed Fields in forum posts. There are a few things like that, which were addressed in the forum but did not make it to the final rules.

nikgaukroger

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »
Thanks. 91-92 in my copy but that maybe something to do with page size  8)

Says:

Flank Sector: 10 BW in from either short table edge. At deployment only Mounted, SUG’s, Elephants, dragoons and commanded shot can deploy in this area. Other Foot TUGs count nervous when they are in this area unless fully within terrain which would affect or badly affect cavalry in combat.

"Nervous" does not appear to be defined - searching only brings up the above section. Also as previously noted neither is "open flank sector".

Looks like something that needs tidying up.

An official pronouncement as to what is supposed to happen would be helpful to be going on with perhaps.
"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

daveparish

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 10:41:56 AM »
Yes thanks for that, RobAustin. As Nik says may need tightening (eg what if foot are behind and touching a wall but there are cavalry on the same side of the wall with a clear path to them (eg both units are inside a field))

RobAustin

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 03:40:59 PM »
Yeah, I have it on my iPad.

Yes, we have brought up many such issues. Also, since a wall or hedge is good going that just reduces move by 1BW then there is also the problem of cavalry weapons not reduced by fighting over the hedge/wall.

alasdair

• TWZ Team
  • Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »
Apologies for this confusion it is because we removed nervous definition at players request, but I hadnt realised that was where all the definitions are so here it is and will be issued with all the clarifications that have come up after Rollcall

Flank Sector
Any Foot TUG in an unsecured flank sector takes a KAB test in the end of turn phase 6.3 and an additional one if charged at the moment the charge is declared.
The exceptions to this are
1) Dragoons
2) Commanded Shot
3) Foot TUG in SUG Formation.
4) A Foot TUG entirely in terrain in which it is not affected but Loose Mounted would be  affected either in movement or combat vs it. This includes a foot TUG defending a hedge line but once it moved away it would then have to take KAB’s

Hope that clarifys it

nikgaukroger

• Landsknect
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 08:31:27 AM »
Cheers  8)
"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith